Senior Finance professional with over 14 years of experience, vastly in the Middle East with expertise in Finance, Accounting, Cost Accounting & Management Accounting in diversified industries. Currently holds a key position as Senior Accountant Finance in Dubai based multinational manufacturing company.
- Monthly closing & annual audit liaison.
- Accounting & Cost control.
- Cost & Management Accounting.
- Financial Planning, Budgeting, forecasting and Variance analysis.
- Inventory control & Fixed Asset management.
- Input & Output VAT Reconciliations.
- ERP experience, such as; Microsoft Dynamics AX, BAAN, ISCALA, BPCS, Hyperion, and One Stream.
- Working knowledge of SOX compliance.
- Com - Financial accounting & Computer systems & applications - University of Mumbai, India - 2003.
- MBA (PGDM) -), Production & material management- Balaji Institute of Management Studies (BIMM – Pune, August 2010.
- Appeared for the examination of Certified Management Accountant (ICMA Australia) FY 2019.
Sr. Accountant: - July 2016 – till date at Xylem water solution & Manufacturing Fzco.
- Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded accurately.
- Timely and accurately completion of the monthly/yearly financial closing with the supporting schedules.
- P&L and Balance sheet reconciliations and postings to maintain healthy trial balance.
- Determine & Prepare month end journals and accruals.
- Working experience on AR and AP process.
- Support the Finance Manager with monthly reporting and analysis of various balances.
- Assist the Finance Manager to complete tasks during internal and external audits for all the entities.
- Review & Control employee expenses & claims against policy.
- Yearly budgeting with quarterly forecast review and variance analysis for management reporting.
- Responsible for review of Purchase price variance (PPV), Overhead absorption, overhead spending, sales & COGS review & validation.
- Ensure VAT recorded properly within the accounts and submitted relevant returns accurately.
- Conduct annual standard cost review and reflect revisions to the products pricing list.
- Responsible for monthly & yearly inventory trends for the intercompany operations and work with supply chain on inventory reduction & optimization for the next period.
- Controlling CAPEX movement of manufacturing and rental business unit, supervise asset in Progress, asset transfer to the projects etc.
- Extract data from ERP systems (Iscala, BPCS, and Hyperion) to support the tasks.
Sr. Cost Accountant: Nov 2014 – June 2016 at Mohamed Hilal Group Dubai.
- Responsible for regular Standard and Actual Cost analysis with budgets and variance reporting for critical Management decisions.
- Adjust inventories when physical counts differ from what the company's financial records indicate.
- Review and audit all Bill of Material (BOM) to ensure they reflect the latest manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for drawing up yearly financial budget & Forecast.
- Monitoring the production orders, Consumption & Wastages on daily basis.
Costing Officer: Feb 2012 – Oct 2014 at Interplast Co Ltd., Sharjah.
- As Cost Accountant in charge of Packaging division comprising units for Film & bags, Shopping bags, Thermoforming, Flexible packaging & Ink factory for inventory and project profitability.
- Responsible for monthly Financials closing and ensure Inter department charges, Stock pending correction, Utility allocations, Internal orders, salesman incentive provision and Material COGS correction are accurate.
- Month end review of Inventory value & pricing, purchase price variance and project issue recovery.
- Responsible for monthly project / job closing report which is covering job wise wastage, Margin & RM consumption.
- Preparing product wise / segment wise profitability.
- Calculating machine hour rate yearly basis of Thermoforming, Film & bags, Flexible packaging division.
Officer Costing: Positive Packaging at United (M.E) Fzco Dubai.
- From Mar 2008 – Dec 2011: Responsible for setting up Cost Accounting function in Dubai operations;
- From Aug 2004 – Nov 2007: Positive Packaging Ltd. India
Worked for the Indian operations as Assistant Cost Accountant undertaking following responsibilities;
- Wastage Analysis – Job Costing, Preparing wastage reports on the basis of Daily production reports & scraps Reports.
- MIS Reports – Preparing monthly MIS report (includes Job wise cost of sales report customer wise profitability, wastage, etc.), Job wise actual cost sheets covering RM cost, freight &commission, Machine-wise production graph report.
- Stock Analysis – Verifying raw material stock and preparing stock valuation for all departments including raw material / packing material / WIP goods / finished Goods / printing Cylinders.
- Maintaining month wise production and inventory Trend.
- Preparing factory overheads on yearly Basis.
- Preparing Co-extrusion polyethylene film cost-sheets of in-house production.